"This booklet offers a toolkit-approach towards making a plan, following the instructions and coming out with a useful set of outcomes..."
Finding useful ways to engage men in positive approaches towards health produces good outcomes for men, their partners, families and communities.
This booklet has been produced in a partnership between Crisis Support Services (MensLine) and Relationships Australia. It works on the basis that men often turn to 'instructions' when things are not going so well.
Until now, there has been no easily accessible, instructional guide for men on relationships, especially around managing existing relationships in a practical, positive way. This booklet offers a toolkit-approach towards making a plan, following the instructions and coming out with a useful set of outcomes.
- Tool 1: Working together?
- Tool 2: Avoiding misunderstandings
- Tool 3: Sharpen up your listening
- Tool 4: Resolving conflict
- Tool 5: When the roof blows off! Anger and frustration
- Tool 6: Who has the power? Abuse and violence
- Tool 7: Self-maintenance
- Tool 8: Renovate your sex life
- Tool 9: Love
- Tool 10: Valuing differences
- Tool 11: Appreciation
- Tool 12: When trust breaks down Tool
- 13: Children - Planning for the extension
- Renovate Your Relationship Manual -557 KB
An 'instructional' guide and checklist for men planning to improve their relationship.
Relationships Australia (Head Office)
Telephone: 1300 364 277